Music, Food, & Fun at Festival by the Lake, Bayfront Park, July 23rd
4th Annual Festival by the Lake event brings a full day of family fun to Bayfront Festival Park
Celebrate summer Lake Superior shore-side THIS Saturday, July 23rd from 11am – 7pm during Festival by the Lake. This annual event returns for 2022 with 7 music acts and over 100 exhibitors in the park, including more than a dozen food and beverage vendors.
New this year – the Irving Community Club Kids’ Corner, featuring magician Kelvin Saline, entertainer Dan the Monkeyman, and bounce houses, games, and more! “We’ve always thought of this as a family-friendly, community event, so when the Irving Community Club agreed to get involved, we knew it was our opportunity to do something really fun for the kids,” explained Tracy Lundeen, event co-founder. “With the club’s help, we were able to add special entertainment and a variety of bounce houses to keep kids entertained and make the event lots of fun for the entire family.”
Performers take Centricity Stage starting at Noon with the Maxi Child’s followed by a rare reunion performance by Sound Inc, Hermantown hometown-girl and budding Nashville performing artist Sydney Hansen, Born Too Late, WoodBlind, Virgil Caine, and Theft by Swindle.
This year’s event boasts nearly double the vendors. “We are thrilled with the response from crafters and retailers participating in this year’s event,” shared Kynze Lundeen, event producer, “There is definitely something for everyone – from beautiful, handmade crafts and retail businesses with pop-up shops to businesses looking to hire and non-profits sharing their mission. Attendees can shop, learn, and be inspired!”
Entry to the event is a $5 suggested donation with proceeds in-part benefiting the Bluebird Foundation, a local non-profit that supports youth in the arts.
Learn more about Festival by the Lake at festivalbythelake.com
Park Attendee Rules for Festival by the Lake:
- No bottles, cans, coolers, outside food/beverages, or weapons are permitted inside the event. (One factory-sealed or empty water bottle will be allowed per person)
- No pets are allowed (except authorized service animals)
- No political campaigning unless you are a registered exhibitor
- No soliciting unless you are a vendor
- Children must be supervised at all times
- We encourage patrons to leave backpacks and large bags at home. Bags and purses will be subject to security checks.
- You may bring your own chair (subject to search at security)
- No smoking is allowed at Bayfront Festival Park or in the parking areas.